Saturday, June 28, 2008

Simple, but Sweet


I get kind of melancholy this time of year. The Stampin' Up! 2008 In Colors are soon to be retiring. I really fell in love with Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and River Rock. River Rock really is an incredible neutral. I particularly love it with Elegant Eggplant. I've used this combination several times on my blog.

This card is SO easy to make. It starts with a base card of River Rock. I stamped the background with my Polka Dot background stamp and Whisper White craft ink. After letting this dry thoroughly, I rounded the two outside edges with my Corner Rounder punch and heavily sponged the edges of the card with River Rock ink.

I used my Coluzzle to cut a oval in the center of the card. On a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the stems from Never Ending Joy (retiring) using Always Artichoke ink. Now here is where you have choices. I happen to have a jar of tiny Primas. This would work just as easily if you owned a small flower punch (like the one in the Three for You punch box). I simply glued my flowers on with my Tombow Liquid Adhesive and added a little seed bead in the center of each flower. I used my paper piercing tool to faux stitch the edges of the oval.

The sentiment (from Sincere Salutations) was stamped in Basic Black in the lower right hand corner. I finished the card by adding some Basic Black grosgrain ribbon and tying in a classic knot.

Like I said, this card is so simple to make. I should've made several of them and left the sentiment off. Before I need to send off a card, all I need to do is stamp the appropriate sentiment. Easy peasy!!!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It's DS's last baseball game of the season. He so loves the game.....ask him anything....he's a walking statistics book!!!

Until next time....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

P.S. Have you ordered your retiring stamp sets yet? If not, contact me today!!! I would be happy to order them for you. Email me today!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, Patti! I never used that combo and I don't know why. They are a great combination and now it's almost too late...boohoo. TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card - thanks for the inspiration.

Rhonda Langley said...

I shall miss river rock so much!!! Love it with everything!! It really does look nice with elegant eggplant. Thanks for sharing!