Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is my father's birthday! We went out to lunch yesterday and came back to my house for a good old pool party. It was such a beautiful weekend here in MN. Add in two Yankee/Twin games and the kids studying for finals.......yup, it's been a busy weekend!!!


My biggest wish for the new Stampin' Up! catalog is the addition of some fabulous guy sets. An awesome baseball set would fit the bill. Anyway, when I made Dad's card, I used a long time retired set I picked up from a fellow demonstrator a few months ago. It's called Schooner. I also tried to purchase the Old World Map background stamp that coordinates, but somebody beat me to it. Dangnabit!!!


This card uses two of my favorite In Colors: Blue Bayou and Soft Sky. I sure am going to miss those beauties when they retire in August. I know I will have new colors to play with, but I have a relationship with these two....LOL!!!


The Schooner stamp set comes with a ship's wheel stamp and a rope stamp. I used those to stamp the background on the Soft Sky layer (5 1/4" x 4") using Soft Sky ink. It wouldn't be a Patti card without sponging.....so the edges of the cardstock are sponged with Soft Sky ink too!


The ship was stamped on Confetti White cardstock with Blue Bayou ink. I cut out the ship and its coordinating rectangle scallop border using my Nestabilities and my Big Kick.


I added a length of Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon and made a medallion using my Circle of Friendship stamp set. Did you know that the Circle of Friendship stamp set is part of a special this month? Yup, it's part of a special bundle. You get the Circle of Friendship stamp set, a roll of Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon, a pack of the Love Notes and a Rose Red Classic Stampin' Pad all for $30.00 (retail value is over $40). The details can be found HERE. If this bundle sounds amazing to you and you live in the United States, I would be more than happy to place your order for you. Just email me, okay?


Well, today is errand day. My ribbon share is going postal today, grocery shopping just needs to get done, and my nails desperately need a fill!!! Throw in some laundry and some stamping, and it's a full day. This is my last week of freedom before the kids get out of school on Thursday!!! I can't believe another school year has come and gone already!!!


Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: