Friday, June 6, 2008

Bright and Cheerful!!


This bright card was inspired by my latest manicure. You see, for the past two years, my nails have been a permanent French Manicure thanks to pink and white acrylics. DH dropped the hint last week that he misses color on my nails. Since so much of my summer is spent by the pool with the kids (i.e. sunscreen and sun exposure can wreak havoc on a French manicure), I decided to go "with color" until the Fall.


So, my nails are looking pretty close to Pink Passion right now. This card is bright, but it is SO pretty!!! The card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I stamped Tres Chic and heavily sponged the card with Pink Passion ink.


The flower from Doodle This is stamped with Black StazOn on Whisper White cardstock. I used some cotton swabs and Chalk Pastels to color in the image. I cut it out, smooshed with Versamark, sprinkled Irridescent Ice embossing powder and heated with my heat tool.


The flower needed a something to make it stand out. So I created a band of Summer Sun for some contrast. I scalloped the lower edge with my Corner Rounder punch. I have heard that Stampin' Up! is debuting a scallop edge punch in their next big catty. Yahoo!!! I finished the band with some paper piercing along the top edge. I tied two lengths of Pumpkin Pie ribbon on this layer (adding a little bow to the top one) before adhering to the base card.


The final embellishment is a Small Oval punch folded over the bottom right edge. It is secured with a silver brad placed on top of a 1/4" circle punched from Summer Sun scrap.


So what do you think of my bright and summery card?


It's officially the first day of summer vacation!!! Yippee!!!


Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's stunning, Patti! Once again, I'll be casing your beautiful work. You are fabulous!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, I love the summery colors. I wish I had enough fingernails to have ANY kind of manicure!
LeAnne

Amy Caraluzzi said...

I love this card, Patti. It just screams, Summer FUN!