Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girls Night Out


Don't you love getting new stamps in the mail? I opened my mailbox to this great new set from Jessica Lynn Original stamp company. It's called "Shopping", and it immediately reminded me of "Sex and the City". Just think......martini glasses, shoes, purses, etc....

This project was inspired by the new "Sex and the City" movie. I hear it is the perfect movie to see with your girlfriends. What's a more perfect way to invite your friends to a Girls Night Out than with this invitation?

The entire project is based on the colors of the martini glass. I colored the image using my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.

The base card is a retired Old Olive polka dot patterned paper offered by Stampin' Up! over 2 years ago. You see, I used to hoard this stuff. Not anymore!!!

The next layer is Pretty in Pink stamped with the martini glass image using Pretty in Pink ink. I also used the direct to paper technique to apply ink to the edges of the cardstock. I stamped the words using Black StazOn ink.

I love how I can make my own patterned paper with my stamps. The bottom band is Barely Banana cardstock stamped with the word "Martini" over and over in Barely Banana ink.

The final touches on the card include a length of Basic Black narrow grosgrain ribbon and the martini glass.

Voila...my invitation is finished!!! Time to make the cosmopolitans.....

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this. You are so creative with your cards. I learn so much from you. Thank you for sharing your art.

Have a great night!
Jessica Lynn

Lynn said...

Cute! It reminds me of SITC too! Have you seen the movie yet? I loved it!