Thursday, June 26, 2008

Unfrogettable.....That's What You Are


Okay, I switched the words around, but I still love that song by Natalie Cole and her dad.

I am trying to use some of my retiring sets. I have had this stamp set since it was featured in a mini catalog years ago.

This is a really quick card!! The base card is Shimmery White. I took some Pretty in Pink cardstock and stamped the swirled circle from Polka Dot and Petals using Pixie Pink ink. I sponged the edges with Pretty in Pink ink.

The bottom layer is Barely Banana. I stamped the flower image three times using Barely Banana ink. The sentiment is stamped with Pixie Pink ink in the bottom right corner. I used the direct-to-paper technique with my Barely Banana ink pad to ink the edges.

I wrapped a length of Certainly Celery narrow grosgrain where the two colors meet. I added a little Prima flower (which I have had forever) and a dot of Stickles in the center.

The focal image was stamped on a scrap of Whisper White. I colored it in with my markers, cut him out and adhered him on a metal edged tag. The addition of googlie eyes are the perfect touch!!!

I told you this was a quick card........

I have a gorgeous card all ready for tomorrow....it's a stamp set that I will truly miss demonstrating to my stamping friends.....but I am keeping it for my personal use!!!

Until tomorrow......Happy Stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Patti,
Check out my blog - I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award!
You rock, chicka!
Robin