Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogger Challenge - Manly Cards


I crack up when I hear the word "manly". You see, in July 2006, DS slipped getting into a neighbor's hot tub and dislocated his right knee cap. It was completely disgusting to see his knee cap sitting on the side of his leg rather than in the front. Ick!!!

Anyway, the ambulance took Christopher to the ER. They gave him some medicine for the pain, and it made him real loopy. When the nurse came in to check on him, she asked how he got injured. He explained and added "it's a manly injury.....arrrggggghhhhh". It was so unexpected and completely hysterical. So whenever I hear the word "manly" I think of his funny statement.

So, here's my "manly" card..........
This was the Father's Day card I made for my husband. I love this image from "For Father" (from the Occasions Mini Catalog). Since we just got the new puppy, using this image was a no brainer.

I watercolored this image using my aquapainter and reinkers on watercolor paper.

The base card is More Mustard heavily sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The patterned paper is from the retired Outlaw paper pack. The Creamy Caramel layer is stamped with a star from "In the Stars" to carry the star theme from the patterned paper.

I did quite a bit of dot work (on the base card as well as the focal image) using my Chocolate Chip marker.

I added some yummy Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon and the father sentiment (from Wonderful Favorites).

My husband loved his card!!!!! He's my biggest fan....he notices all the little things I add to my cards. He makes me feel so special!!!! Love ya baby!!!

Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful creations from the other stampers who are part of the Blogger's Challenge. Just click on the Blogger's Challenge button on the right sidebar of my blog.

Happy Stamping everyone!!!
recipe:
stamps: For Father, In the Stars, Wonderful Favorites
paper: More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Outlaw DSP (retired), watercolor paper
ink: Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip
accessories: vintage brads, Choc Chip Polytwill ribbon, Choc Chip marker, aquapainter, reinkers, sponges


14 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card...love the image and your sponging is a wonderful touch. Loved your funny story about your DS. TFS

Connie Fossenier said...

Yes men have unfortunate accidents.
Love your card, and oooohh awesome job on coloring the image..really pops out.
Connie Paxman

Barb Hardeman said...

Love your funny story about your DS and this card is just perfect to go along with it. Great, great sponging and coloring.

Chrissy D said...

**Oh as a visual person, I can just SEEthe knee cap. *OUCH* I hope he has healed well! And his story is too funny. LOL Your card is wonderful. I hope your husband enjoyed it. TFS!

Unknown said...

What a great story! I love the card too Patti - you are so talented, there is never anything missing. All your work is beautiful! I wanna be you when I grow up!

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Adorable card. Funny story.

Ida said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are fabulous and I adore that puppy image. - My niece did that same thing to her knee just not in the same way so I guess it's not just a "manly" injury after all but it was a funny thing to have him say.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Such a wonderful card Patti! Lovely details to go with this image! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Patty! It's a brilliant card! Lovely color combo and super layout!

Lori said...

Love your card! The image is colored beautifully.

Kathie Bailey said...

Patti, I love your story, how funny! The card is just a perfect "manly" design.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great colors for a "manly" card. Love the coloring of your image.

Claudia Perry said...

Great card - I love the blue boot - it makes the whole card pop!

Anonymous said...

Great job...I love this stamp.

Connie