Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cupcake Wishes


Doesn't everyone love a cupcake? It's a small self-contained piece of pure sugar happiness!!! This adorable cupcake card is even better.....it has no calories!!!


My Stamp Club girls had their meeting this past Thursday. We meet every other month and make a fabulous project. Last time we made altered band aid tins. This time we made this adorable Z-fold card. I learned this technique from Dawn Griffiths. Thanks for the inspiration Dawn.


The Rose Red base card is 4 1/2" x 11", folded in half.


The Z-fold portion of the card is a 4" x 10 1/4" piece of Certainly Celery cardstock scored at 2 1/2" and 5".


When planning this card, I knew I wanted to use my Big Bold Birthday stamp set. So, I searched through my stash of patterned paper and focused on my Cutie Pie pack. What awesome colors!!



I cut the dotted piece to 4" x 5" and adhered to the Certainly Celery cardstock.



The striped piece is cut at 2 1/4" x 4".



I added some Photo Corner punches, Apricot Appeal narrow grosgrain ribbon and the sentiment punched with my Word Window punch.



All this card needs is a gift card attached to the card using my slit punch, and the recipient will be smiling from ear to ear.



I will try to post more often this week. I forgot how much work a little puppy is. I can only stamp when she is sleeping......otherwise, my furniture gets chewed and my floors get decorated with puddles and piles.


Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: