Thursday, May 15, 2008

Always....Flap Style!!


I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. You see, the weather was GORGEOUS. So, I spent the day planting flowers, cleaning up hostas and helping DH plant some shrubs around the pool. I was grubby, crampy and happy. It finally looks like Spring has arrived here in Chaska! Woo hoo!!!

Today is another gorgeous day, but I did find some time to stamp this morning. I played with a stamp that hasn't been feelin' any love lately. Today, I used my Always stamp set. Okay, I also played with Baroque Motifs which has been feelin' the love....but that's besides the point.

The base card is 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 4 1/2" and 9". I used my Corner Rounder punch on the end of the flap. The bottom of the card has two layers: Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky. The Choc Chip layer is stamped with the large flourish from Baroque Motifs and heavily sponged (both in Choc Chip ink). This layer is mounted on a slightly larger layer of Soft Sky (also lightly sponged with Choc Chip ink).


The edge of the flap is stamped with one of small medallian stamps from Always.


I stamped the flower from Always in Choc Chip ink on Soft Sky cardstock. I cut it out and mounted on a metal rimmed tag. I added a blue rhinestone brad in the center and mounted on the card.


I added some Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon. Of course, the last thing I did was stamp the sentiment (albeit crooked....isn't it always the way?).

Well stampers....I am off to enjoy the beautiful day!!! It's a busy one!!!

Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: