Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh, How the Ribbon Weaves



Let's start today's post like a Nora Roberts novel......

The sky was dark and foreboding. Patti knew that a storm was brewing on the horizon. The Minnesota winds were picking up, and storm clouds were coming in for a closer view......OF THIS REALLY COOL RIBBON TECHNIQUE!!!

Okay, truth admitted, I'll never be an author!! But, I am a seriously addicted stamper who has a good amount of laundry to do. So, as the clothes wash and dry, this stamper sits at her desk and whips out.....get this:

- 2 cards

- a gift card holder

- an 8" x 8" scrapbook page for my son's baseball album

Whoa!!! What a rockin', productive and rainy afternoon!!!!

Okay, let's get to the "deets" on this adorable card. First of all it measures 4.25" x 4.25". The card was designed around the striped patterned paper from the Summer Picnic Designer Series paper (found in the Occasions mini).

The focal point of the card is the woven background (which I first saw on Kristina Werner's blog). I took a scrap of 2" x 2" cardstock, and proceeded to weave 6 pieces of Old Olive ribbon into a basket-like pattern. I used a glue stick to hold the ribbon pieces together while weaving. The ribbon is secured on the back with tape.

I stamped "MVP" from the Sporting stamp set on a metal rimmed tag. I used a simple knot of Bashful Blue ribbon to cover up the hole in the tag.

Well, I think I am going to reward myself with a piece of chocolate as I've had such a productive day!!!

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!

recipe

stamps: Sporting

paper: Summer Picnic DSP, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie

ink: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie

accessories: Crafter's Tool Kit, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, metal rimmed tag, Bashful Blue narrow grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Great set of cards...I love doing that ribbon weaving!
LeAnne