Friday, May 9, 2008

Preserve Those Memories



I've been scrappin' for close to 10 years now. In fact, I've been scrappin' far longer than I've been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (a little over 3 years now).

I have something to admit. I've really let my scrappin' habit go since I've been a demo. Of course, I make layouts for my clients, but my personal scrappin' has been put to the side.

I am proud to say....NOT ANYMORE!!! I actually scrapped a personal page this week.

My son is a baseball junkie. He loves everything about the game. In fact, he is a walking statistics book (which I admit, can get VERY annoying at times...LOL).

This page is all about my son. I bought him a baseball themed album last year. The album holds 8"x8" scrapbook pages. Since I had the scraps of the striped paper from the Summer Picnic pack on my stamping desk from my last two projects and they matched his uniform, this page just came together so quickly.

There is a pull out tab on the side of DS's picture. The tab says "Stats and Stuff". When you pull on the tab, the journaling block comes out. The journaling block is held by an envelope with it's flap cut off and adhered behind the photo mat. Using an envelope prevents the journaling block from floating down the layout.

I have a funny story (quick one) about this page. When DS got home from school, I handed him his baseball album and asked him to open it. His reaction was this......"Wow, you made a page for me.......Now when are you going to get my karate album done". Ugh, he's such a man already!!!

Time to get ready to babysit my niece....

Until tomorrow...Happy Stamping everyone!!!

recipe:

stamps: Sporting

paper: Summer Picnic dsp, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Basic Black, Whisper White

ink: Pumpkin Pie

accessories: Rounded Tab punch, Photo Corner punch, Designer Label punch, circle punches (1" and 1 1/4"), Old Olive wide grosgrain, Crafter's Tool Kit, Old Olive marker, white envelope

4 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

I can totally relate to the "letting the scrapping slide whilst being a demonstrator" I too have made a concentrated effort to catch up on my own pages.
Very nice page!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I'm a scrapbooker first, stamper second. But not lately :) I just went on a scrapbooking retreat though and the itch is back. I've been incorporating my layouts in with my cards on my blog and it seems to get me more motivated. GOOD LUCK ON THAT KARATE ALBUM ;)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this page and it's simplicity! My daughter has been out of TaeKwonDo for 10 years! Here sits all her pictures, medals, etc. with paper chosen to go with and I cannot make myself do it! Maybe if I focus on an 8 x 8 page rather than 12 x 12 that would help. I love how yours looks. Thanks for the motivation!

Unknown said...

Good for you takin' the time for your own projects :)

I hope all is well!!

Jessica