Holy Schmoley!! I made TWO scrapbook pages in a week. I am on a roll baby!!!
Each week I send out a newsletter to all my stamping friends. This week I am focusing on chipboard. A lot of people see the chipboard in the catalog and scrapbooking stores, but really have no idea what to do with it. I want to change that!!! If you want to sign up for my weekly newsletter, the sign up button is on the top right side of my blog!!
Can you find the chipboard on my adorable 6" x 6" scrapbook layout? Of course you did!!! I made a ladybug out of a piece of chipboard from the On Board Blossoms & Basics pack. Here's how I did it:
- using a sponge dauber and Real Red Craft ink, pounce the color all over the chipboard. Put aside to dry completely.
- using the 1/2" punch, punch 2 circles from scraps of Basic Black cardstock
- adhere one circle to the end of the body of the ladybug (with very little black showing)
- adhere one circle to the top of the body of the ladybug
- draw dots on back of ladybug. I used my white gel pen and my markers (Real Red and Basic Black)
- adhere ladybug to your scrapbook page
- using a Basic Black marker, draw the little dots for the antenna
- using a Bashful Blue marker, draw lines behind the ladybug to show his flight in motion
The rest of the scrapbook page came together so easily!! That's what I love about stamping on my scrapbook pages. I don't have to worry about running out of letter stickers....ever!!! I rely on my cute little Rough Edges alphabet stamp set instead!!! I did use a retired alphabet set for the word "bug" (sorry, but almost all of my alphabets have been retired)!!!
The patterned paper comes from the Summer Picnic pack. I've been using this paper left and right lately. It's THAT cute!!! The colors are some of my faves: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Certainly Celery and Old Olive.
The layout comes together with my stash of embellishments: tag punches, silver eyelets, red linen thread, Certainly Celery wide grosgrain and Real Red narrow grosgrain.
Just toss in a picture of my adorable daughter in a very cold pool, and this page is complete!!!
I hope you find time to stamp today....whether it's making a scrapbook page or a card to make someone's day extra special. Send me a link.....I'd love to see it!!!
Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!