Monday, May 5, 2008

Make a Teenager Happy

How do you make a teenager happy?


Well, isn't that a hard question to answer! Trust me, I have two of them.....lots of silver hairs....no more 'splainin' needed!!!


Although it's hard to make them completely happy, giving them a gift card for their birthday seems to help. I don't even attempt to pick out clothes for DD anymore. I am tired of the "Ew....what were you thinking?" attitude!!!


Anyway, onto this adorable and bright gift card holder perfect for any mood-swaying teenager in your life!!! It starts out with a Real Red base card measuring 6" x 8.25". Score your cardstock (on the long side) at 2 5/8" and 5 5/8".


The front of the gift card holder has all the yummy goodies from the Occasions Mini Catalog: Summer Picnic Paper, Blooms die cuts, Summer Day rub ons. This stuff is just so pretty!!


The patterned paper strip measures 1 1/2" x 6" and it is matted on a 1 3/4" x 6" strip of Certainly Celery.


I sponged the die cut with some Only Orange ink for some intense shading. I then used my white gel pen to dot around the edges. The center of the flower is from my well-loved Circle of Friendship set. I chose a birthday theme....stamping it in Real Red ink and punched with my 1" circle punch.


The "For You" sentiment is actually a rub on. They are SO easy to use....they transfer beautifully to whatever surface you choose to work with.


The gift card is held in place using my Slit Punch on a scrap of Certainly Celery. I added some 1/4" Real Red circle punches to highlight the gift card area.


Give this gift card holder a try. It's easy yet beautiful!!!!


I need to finish up my weekly newsletter now. If you haven't signed up for it yet, what are you waiting for? The sign up is on the top right of my blog. I'll give you a hint to something in tomorrow's newsletter: PURSE. That's all I'm saying....LOL!!


Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great gift card holder - I don't think I've seen one like this before. Very cool.