Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary


My brother and his wife are celebrating their 10th anniversary today. I made this card for them in honor of their special day.

This card started with one of the new laser cut flower notes. I used my beloved and retired (still upset over that one) Linen background stamp using Blue Bayou ink. I also heavily sponged the edges (moving inward) with Blue Bayou ink. I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner.

I pierced the center of the white paper flower and attached to the note card with a clear rhinestone brad. Both the flower and the rhinestone brad can be found in the Pretties Kit.

I have a piece of Soft Sky cardstock stamped with the collage stamp from the brand new Fresh Cuts stamp set (also using Blue Bayou ink). This cardstock piece is attached on the inside of the card.

I tied a length of Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon into a simple knot before adhering the entire love note to a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of Blue Bayou cardstock.

Are you tired of me saying Blue bayou during this entire description? LOL!!!!

Until tomorrow......Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! I love the Linen background stamp on your card - I miss it, too! Thanks for the inspiration.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty card, Patti! I am patiently waiting for my stamps & notecards. I miss Linen too, such a great stamp! Too bad they didn't consult us first!
LeAnne