Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Temptation


With so many fabulous papercrafting products on the market, it's pretty hard to resist temptation. This is especially true if you are a demonstrator for a papercrafting company. I try to keep my contraband purchases to a minimum, but I just HAD to have this adorable Hero Arts cupcake set. I am SERIOUSLY hoping that the new SU catty (available in August) will have an equally amazing cupcake set.

Who doesn't love cupcakes? If you have a craving for cake, you buy a cupcake, eat it and it's done. The moment of sin is over (unless you buy more than one cupcake) unlike purchasing an entire cake that just begs to be eaten.

'Nuf said!!!

This yummy card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I've been slowly reorganizing my stamping space. So, that means I've rediscovered some of my retired patterned papers. This diagonal stripe comes from the Loves Me paper collection from a long-ago Winter mini catalog. The colors in this collection are Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Taken with Teal.

The cupcake was stamped on watercolor paper with Black StazOn ink. I used my Stampin' Up! markers and my aquapainter to color in the image. This technique is easy. Just color by the lines with your markers and blend with your aquapainter. Add more marker to bring out the shadows and highlights. The end result looks a lot like the Copics without all the expense!!! In my case I colored the cupcake with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa (cake part) and Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose (frosting part). Some sparkly Stickles adds just the right amount of glitter to my cupcake!!

I do admit to owning a few Copics. One of my favorites is a very light gray to surround my images. It just makes the images "pop".

I cut out my circles using my Nestabilities and my Big Kick. Love these dies!!!

The rest of the card assembly was easy!!!!

Now, off to wash the gazillion loads of clothes from our trip to Disney.......stinky!!!!!! It felt SO good to sleep in our own beds last night!!! Ah, the comforts of home!!!

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

Oh Patty...I, too, have been eyeing this stamp set. I also hate to buy too much that isn't SU...but I feel your pain about wanting other goodies.

You did a woderful job representing it! Love this card!
(you may have just enabled me...the final pull! lol!)
Regina