Thursday, May 1, 2008

Don't Forget....Mail Them Early


I am SO prepared this year. My mother-in-law who lives in NY is going to get her Mother's Day card really early this year!!

She loves roses so I pulled out one of my contraband stamp sets (i.e. non SU). It's not often that I buy contraband, but I am a sucker for roses. This stamp set is from Kitchen Sink stamps. They look so stinkin' real!!!

The roses are made with only two ink colors: Ruby Red and Bravo Burgandy. I just used the stamping off technique to achieve the different colors for shading. The green for the leaves is Old Olive.

I overstamped the entire rose image with my beloved Linen (oh, how I wish SU didn't retire you) using Creamy Caramel ink. I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink.

The torn cardstock is Creamy Caramel also sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The sentiment is from All Year Cheer II (also retired....but will never ever be forgotten by little old me).

The other layers are Chocolate Chip which is then mounted on the Ruby Red base card.

I added the photo corner to balance the card. The final touch was adding some green organdy ribbon (also retired).

I hope she loves her card!!!

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!

No comments: