Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another Pick-a-Petal card!!




Wow, it's really hard to see the large flowers on the Chocolate Chip background. This stamp set is the first that I have received from the Fall & Winter Collection Preview Brochure. Actually, I earned it for FREE from Stampin' Up!. So anyone debating on becoming a demo, sign up NOW!!! There are lots of perks to being your own demonstrator!!!

Anyway, I wanted to make a 5"x5" card with the more muted tones so I opted for my Earth Elements colors. The base card is Very Vanilla sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. The next layer is Always Artichoke (which is actually in the Rich Regals family but it goes with so many other colors as well). The chocolate chip layer is stamped with the polka dotted petal from the Pick a Petals stamp set. It is stamped in Versamark. I then stamped the center of the flower with the large polka dot in Versamark three times until I got the saturation of color that I wanted. The strip is Marigold Morning cardstock stamped with the same polka dot that I used for the center of the flower in Marigold Morning classic ink. I then stamped the flower center that is more "doodle-like" with Close to Cocoa ink. I sponged Close to Cocoa ink on the edges of the cardstock to tone it down a bit. It is then matted on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. For the final touch, I used copper cord wrapped around the card three times and knotted. The sentiment is from the Blossoms Abound stamp set. Voila!!!

No comments: