Monday, June 18, 2007

New Goodies!!!!

These new stamps had me sweating!!! UPS had misplaced my box containing all my new catty preview goodies. OH NO!!! I called SU, and they were great about it. They sent me a new box of goodies out ASAP. So, then I get a phone call that they located the first box!!! GREAT!!! Now, I have to send my second box back to SU (it arrived today while I was grocery shopping).

Anyway, this card is my first from this latest shipment. This set is so elegant. It is called Baroque Motifs. If you have been reading your papercrafting magazines, you already know that flourishes are the IN thing right now. The gigantic flourish in this set is GORGEOUS!!!!

The base card is 5"x5", and it is made out of the brand new Bayou Blue cardstock. This new color reminds me of the ocean (it's probably because it is very close to the color cardstock I used to use before I was an SU demo to scrapbook our NJ beach vacation pages). The light blue layer is another new color: Soft Sky. The flourish is stamped on this layer in Soft Sky ink. I stamped the word "cherish" in Blue Bayou ink in the bottom right corner of the Soft Sky layer. The Soft Sky layer is matted on Basic Black.

I added a strip of Blue Bayou across the center of the card. This strip is stamped with the Linen background stamp and heavily sponged with Blue Bayou ink. I stamped the medallion on Whisper White cardstock in Blue Bayou ink. I carefully trimmed it out. I then put one of those pretty new rhinestone brads in the center and attached it to the card with a dimensional. For a final touch, I wrapped some silver cord around the top a few times and made a simple knot.

Like I said, this is a superb stamp set. You can make it as elegant or as simple as you want, and it can be used in coordination with many other stamp sets. It's a keeper!!!!

Happy Stamping!!!!

No comments: