Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lovin' These New Colors!!!


The new In Colors for this year are simply luscious! I used three of them in this card: Blue Bayou (my personal fave), Purely Pomegranate and River Rock (didn't think I would like, but in person it is fabulous).

As a bit of history of myself, I have been a scrapbooker for almost 9 years now. I started stamping maybe 4 years ago. What can a scrapper like about stamping? EVERYTHING!!!
- you can make your own patterned paper. On this card, I made my own pp by stamping dots with my sponge daubers in each of the 3 colors. I then swiped my River Rock ink pad over my cardstock in both directions. Voila! Instant patterned paper that will ALWAYS match the colors of my project.

- as a stamper, I will never run out of letters for my titles again. Why? Because I own alphabet stamps. Never again will I have to run to my craft store or LSS to pick up more letter stickers to complete my title. Way cool!!!

The conversion to stampy scrappin' is not always easy. You need to build your page accents now, but I get a bigger sense of accomplishment that the page was completely made by me. A big holler out to all you stampy scrappers!!!!

Happy Stamping!

stamp sets: Loads of Love
paper: Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou
ink: Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, River Rock
accessories: SU tool kit, ticket corner punch, sponge daubers, black gingham ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, dimensionals

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

This card is great! I love your patterned paper and the dots around the edges of your corners.