Thursday, June 7, 2007

Challenge to Myself!!


Every once in a while I like to challenge myself. I think it improves my stamping....helps me think outside of the box. What was my challenge this time? To use a stamp set that I really do not like. This stamp set is called "Flower Filled", and I received it at the 2005 Stampin' Up! convention in SLC Utah. I know a lot of people love this stamp set. I really can't explain why it does nothing for me, but alas, I really dread using this set. So, needless to say I am SO happy that it is retiring...LOL!!!

Enough of my whining and onto the details of this card. I wanted to use some of the 2006-2007 In Colors since they are retiring at the end of the month. The base of the card is Buckaroo Blue. The next layer is Cranberry Crisp stamped with the "Fine Lace" background stamps in Cranberry Crisp classic ink. If you haven't ventured into using background stamps, I highly recommend it. They make such a difference on the final product. The focal image is stamped on Whisper White. The rain boots are Buckaroo Blue. I then used my white Signo gel pen to add polka dots to the boots. The leaves and stems are stamped in True Thyme. The little flowers are stamped in Marigold Morning. The bigger Cranberry Crisp flowers are stamped on a scrap of Whisper White and punched out with my 1/2" circle punch. The circles are then mounted with dimensionals. The sentiment is from "Just So Sayings" from the Spring Mini Catalog (only available 'til the end of June). The sentiment is stamped with Basic Black and punched with the smaller oval punch. I then sponged lightly with True Thyme.

Time is running short for all the retired stamps and also for those in the Spring Mini. I encourage everyone to contact their SU demo to purchase those items that catch your fancy. I had a customer fall in love with a stamp set, him and haw about it, never ordered it, and then spent a TON of money to get it on the bay. Okay, I will stop nagging.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. It's the first day of "school's out for the summer" here in MN. Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love it! This set is really starting to grow on me. Your colors look great. Nice touch with the white dots.