Friday, June 22, 2007

Halloween Fun!


I know what you're thinking.......what is going on in Patti's mind? Halloween cards in June? I couldn't resist!!! Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays. Why? Who knows? It just is......maybe because I can be a total kid when I am about to hit the BIG 4-0!!!!

This card measures 5"x5". It uses the patterned paper that was in this past Holiday Mini catalog. I cut a 4 3/4" square of it and cut it on the diagonal. To give the diagonal some focus, I sponged around all the edges with Old Olive ink and recreated the dot pattern from the patterned paper onto the diagonal edge itself (basically, big dot and three little dots) with my white Signo gel pen.

The yellow portion of the card is made out of Marigold Morning cardstock stamped with the "Halloween" stamp from Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set (in Marigold Morning ink). The focal image is stamped in Black StazOn on watercolor paper. Don't you just love the Booglie Eyes stamp set? The image is watercolored with my aquapainter and watercolor crayons. The image is then cut out using my Coluzzle oval template. I used my giga scalloped oval punch and Certainly Celery cardstock to make the scalloped oval. I used my paper piercer to punch a hole in each of the scallops and then a hint of white gel pen on each of the holes. The finishing touches are some vintage violet stitched ribbon and some googlie eyes glue to the bat with Crystal Effects.

Happy Early Halloween everyone!!!!!

No comments: