Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Another sneak peek of my Stamp Camp!!!

I have a "Kiss 'Em Goodbye" Stamp Camp this Sunday, and this is one of the cards we will be making. I used the colors from this week's color challenge on Splitcoast: Elegant Eggplant, Ruby Red and Certainly Celery.

"Best of Cluck" is an awesome stamp set. It's a great set to either watercolor with (as I have done here) or just to color in with your favorite markers or colored pencils.

The base of the card is Elegant Eggplant. The next layer is Certainly Celery stamped with the "Weathered" (I just love this one) background stamp in Certainly Celery ink. The hen is stamped in black Staz On on Very Vanilla cardstock. She is watercolored with: Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Going Gray. She was still too bright for me. So, I overstamped the entire focal image with the "Linen" background stamp in Creamy Caramel. I then sponged more Creamy Caramel on the edges. The focal image is matted on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and then adhered to the card with dimensionals. A detail that might be hard to see are the little chicken footprints stamped in Ruby Red on the Ruby Red cardstock (on each side of the focal image). I added some black gingham ribbon for some WOW factor...and she's done!!!

I hope my girls at Stamp Camp like it!!!!! Thanks for looking!!!

1 comment:

Debi Calandrelle said...

I found your blog thru your post on SCS... Love your work! I've added your blog to my favorites list - I'll be back often! Thanks for sharing!