Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happy Anniversary!!

What are my favorite stamps in my collection? Definitely, all my florals. As I was looking at the Stampin' Up! retirement list, I was getting more and more depressed as most of my favorite floral stamps were being retired. ARGH!!! What is a floral stamping addict to do?

After picking my jaw up and off the floor, I decided to start working with the floral stamp sets that did not retire. One is the Definitely Decorative Serene Sunflower. What does Definitely Decorative mean? Well, basically the stamps are large enough and detailed for stamping on things besides paper. I could use acrylic paint to decorate walls, t-shirts, furniture, etc......

As you can see, I stuck with the paper rather than a 3D item, but it's nice knowing that the option is there. This card was for my brother Michael and my sister-in-law Andrea's 9th anniversary. I REALLY like the way it turned out. I will have to make another to put on my display boards.

This card is pretty self-explanatory. The only thing not really visible is that I used 2 background stamps: French Script and Linen to give the card some depth. I then heavily sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla piece with Creamy Caramel. The tag is built using both sizes of the SU tag punches.

stamp sets: Serene Sunflower, Papertrey's Faux Ribbon (greeting), Linen, French Script
ink: Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
paper: Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke
accessories: ticket corner punch, sponges, tag punches, black gingham ribbon

I will be organizing my stamp room tomorrow. I will try to post a project if I can find the time!!!

No comments: