Friday, January 18, 2008

Blast Off Birthday



My eyes have recovered from being dilated, and I finished all my design team work.......so it was time to play!!!!!

I think a lot of stampers have a hard time with "guy" cards. A lot of the stamp sets are truly geared towards females. I was SO excited to see this rocket ship image in the brand new "Pun Fun" stamp set. Finally, I can make a boy's birthday card that does not involve sports!!!! LOL!!!

This card was a breeze to make. I watercolored the rocket ship on a scrap of watercolor paper. I cut it out and placed it over another rocket ship image (using dimensionals for a 3D effect) stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock. I paper pierced the edges and matted on some Whisper White.

The base card is Brilliant Blue wheeled with my Whimsy wheel in Brilliant Blue ink. I tore a piece of Kraft cardstock to resemble the surface of some far off planet.

I used Beate's weekend sketch for this card design. I've had these flat white humongous brads FOREVER (at least 6 years). It feels fabulous to use something from my stash of embellishments. I simply put them through some 1/2" circle punches prior to attaching to the red strip.

I love the final result. I don't think I have any little boy birthdays coming up. I'll have to save this one for someone special.

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend. It's supposed to be downright frigid here in MN. We are under a windchill warning (right now it's -15 windchill). Yowzah!!!!

Until tomorrow......happy stamping everyone!!

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Adorable card -- perfect for a boy!!! That frigid weather hit us about noon today and it's supposed to last a long time -- YUK!!! So glad you played -- thanks!!!

PammyStamper said...

Great card for a boy! I like the colors and how you used the white brads. Love your work.