Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Way to Score!!!



Now I am not talking about football or baseball. Heck, I am not even thinking about THAT.....get your mind out of the gutter....LOL!!!!

I am talking about using your favorite scoring tool, of course! Did you know that you could use your scoring tool for other things besides making the folds your project? I used my Scor-Pal to make grid marks on my card. It gave enough visual interest so that I didn't need to use my patterned paper or my background stamps. Cool, huh?

So, I know what you're thinking!!! How did I figure out my pattern? I figured out how much room I needed for the focal image and then worked around it until my grid was even on all sides. How's that for an answer? I answered that like a politician, huh? If you want the exact measurements, leave me a comment (but please leave me your email address as I can't do return comments with Blogger.....hate that part of Blogger) or send me an email!!

The focal image is from "Beautiful Life". This is a two step stamp. The more solid flower image is stamped with So Saffron, and the line image is stamped with Summer Sun. The stem in stamped in Certainly Celery. After punching the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch, I sponged with Soft Sky ink. I then matted it on a slighly larger scrap of Basic Black cardstock.

The focal image was mounted on the gridded piece of Soft Sky cardstock (which was also heavily sponged with Soft Sky ink). This layer was mounted on a layer of Whisper White. I added 4 So Saffron brads to each of the four corners prior to mounting on my Certainly Celery base card.

So, what do you think? Did I make you think more of your favorite scoring tool? I hope so!!! Give it a try and tell me what you think!!!!

Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!

2 comments:

stampersim said...

No way!! That is too cool. I got my scor-pal for Christmas and I can't wait to make a grid on something hehehehe. Thanks for sharing :-)

simmy

Unknown said...

WOW.. this card it really nice. I love it.

Jessica