Thursday, January 3, 2008

Celebrating You!!!


This card came together so fast. I was waiting for my friend Kim to arrive for an overnight stay(she had an early morning flight and we live close to the airport), and I knew that I needed to stamp a card for today's post. I ran downstairs to my stamping studio and was instantly ready to stamp. I knew I wanted pink and chocolate. I was pretty much inspired by the brand new Berry Bliss paper I had just ordered from Stampin' Up! Anyway, I also wanted to use a stamp set that was carried over into the new catalog. So, I decided on "True Friend". What an awesome stamp set!!!! I am so glad the powers that be decided to carry it over from the Holiday Mini catalog.


The basecard is a standard A2 Pretty in Pink card. I grunged the edges up a little bit by sponging with Close to Cocoa ink. The next layer is Close to Cocoa stamped with the triple floral from True Friends and then overstamped with my Sanded background stamp. I stamped the large flower medallion with Close to Cocoa craft ink and then embossed with Clear embossing powder. I cut out the image, sponged with Close to Cocoa ink and a clear rhinestone brad (from the Pretties kit) was added to the center.


I used my brand spanking new "Celebrate Everything" stamp set for my sentiment (also stamped in Close to Cocoa ink). I lightly spritzed with my Color Spritzer tool and a Close to Cocoa marker and then matted on a layer of Certainly Celery (all layers are sponged with Close to Cocoa ink).


At this point the card still needed something. I decided that it needed a ribbon accent. But where? I looked down on my stamping desk and found a small piece of 5/8" celery grosgrain. Cool!!! I can simulate leaves with my ribbon. I made a "V" with my ribbon and dirtied it up with some Close to Cocoa ink. After attaching it to my card, it was the perfect accent.


I REALLY love this card.....so much in fact that I am making it one of the cards for this month's Stamp Camp. Yippee......only 3 more projects to design!!!!


It's chilly (although not as cold as yesterday.....-5 when we woke up) and windy here in MN. Sounds like a perfect day to stamp to me!!!!


Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your card; the color scheme is very nice. What color did you use for the center of the medallion? Looks like a deeper pink. I almost bought the Celebrate stamp set but talked myself out of it. The more I see the more I'm leaning toward it. Enjoy your work; keep up the good work. Linda Gray