Friday, January 25, 2008

How to Survive a Smudge


Superman's arch enemy is Lex Luthur. Batman's enemy is the Joker. What is a stamper's enemy? A stinkin' ink smudge.
Oh yeah, if you love to watercolor you know all about "the smudge". You're almost done......you look down at your work.....and there it is......an ink smudge in the lower right corner of your project. Argh!!!!!
Was I about to throw out my work? Heck NO!!!! I am going to save this spray of flowers. How you ask? My handy dandy Coluzzle to the rescue!!! I pulled out my oval Coluzzle template and decided which oval would best cover "the smudge". So, I pulled out a piece of Barely Banana cardstock from my scrap pile......cut it to 4"x4", stamped it with So Saffron ink using the Floral BG stamp and cut out an oval in the center. I taped the smudgy focal image to the back with some Scotch tape and got busy embellishing.
I decided that I wanted to pierce the Kraft focal image following the curve of the oval. I then sponged the edges of the Barely Banana layer with some So Saffron ink. I then pulled out my white gel pen and dotted all around the outside edges of the banana layer. I didn't have enough room for the entire sentiment. So, I used my Chocolate Chip SU marker to ink up just the "thank you" portion and stamped.
The banana layer is matted (using dimensionals) on a slightly larger piece of Rose Red cardstock. This is all mounted on the Wild Wasabi base card which measures 4.25"x4.25".
It still needed something. Wild Wasabi double-stitched grosgrain ribbon to the rescue. A little Rose Red button sits upon the knot to finish the card.
I am the first to admit that "Simply Said" is not one of my favorite stamp sets, but I am really happy with the way that this card turned out. I gotta love when that happens!!!!
It's Twins Fest this weekend......yeah.......baseball means that Spring is just around the corner. We're supposed to get temps in the 30's this weekend. Just what we need here in MN. I may just have to put on a tank top to celebrate.....just kidding!!!!
Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job saving this card! I love the oval; I love the piercing; I love everything!! I will keep your tips in mind for future use. I am loving all your soft spring colors! Thanks so much!