Monday, January 21, 2008

One of a Kind



It was a FRIGID weekend in MN. In fact, we didn't leave the house all weekend. Thank goodness for a stocked fridge and a Chinese restaurant that delivers. LOL!! I was working on some swaps over the weekend, but I decided to take a break and make a card.

"One of a Kind" is a very versatile stamp set. I am also using it in my swap card but in a very different way. I stamped the big flower on Very Vanilla cardstock with Regal Rose ink. I took my aquapainter and swirled over the image to spread out the ink. I cut out the image using my handy paper snips and started working on my Build a Brad. I stamped the small flower image with Close to Cocoa ink, punched it out with my 1/2" circle punch and assembled the Build-a-brad. If you haven't played with these things yet, you have to try them!!!! Lots of fun!!!

The base card is Creamy Caramel measuring 4.25"x4.25". The next layer is Regal Rose that is double-stamped (Sanded in Close to Cocoa and the three flower stamp from One of a Kind in Regal Rose). I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa to dirty up the edges. I added three pewter brads (to tie in with my Build a Brad) to the upper right corner).

I cut a half circle using my Coluzzle and Choc Chip cardstock. I used my paper piercing tool to pierce the edge of the circle. I ran a length of twill ribbon across the card, adhered the half circle on top and stamped with the sentiment (wish it came out darker though). I adhered the flower using a Pop-Up Glue Dot since the Build-a-brad has some weight to it.

This card is not my usual style, but as a stamper you sometimes need to step out of the box. Right?

I have 4 swap cards to finish today. I have some other projects I need to work on as well. The good news is that it's above zero today. I have to get the kids out of the house....I am sure they are going stir crazy!!!!!

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, I absolutely love that card. It is so pretty!

We didn't have as cold of weather as you have up there, but it was darn cold and we stayed in too. It was one of those weekends where if you don't HAVE to go out, just stay home and snuggle LOL

At any rate, I enjoyed your blog and that card is so darn cute!