Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Too Stinkin' Cute



I told you my new goodies were here, and for those of you who frequent my blog, you all KNOW I love CUTE!!!!! Well, the first "cute" stamp set that caught my eye in the Spring and Summer Collection 2008 catalog was "Pun Fun". Oh my.......my heart aflutters with excitement.......skunks, sheep, birds, rocket ships and oh yes, a cuppa coffee!!!!

Well, I made a card using another of the stamps for a WOW swap I am participating in. That card is designed, but I can't show you until the swap is done. Bummer....I know! My swap card is seriously CUTE!!!!! So, I knew I would really need to bowl you over with another awesome card. I really LOVE this little stinker......the skunk.....not the card (I hope)!!!

I used the sketch challenge on SCS for the design of this card. The base card is Almost Amethyst stamped with my Paisley BG stamp in Almost Amethyst ink. I used a piece of Almost Amethyst designer Prints patterned paper (matted on Certainly Celery) for the next layer. Notice how I used my Ticket Corner Punch on the bottom two corners of the patterned paper. I attached two Apricot brads in each of the corners.

The focal layer is stamped with Black StazOn on Shimmery White cardstock. I used my aquapainter and watercolor crayons to color in Mr. Stinkypoo. I paper pierced the edges and attached to a mat of Apricot Appeal cardstock.

Isn't the little flower on the ribbon cute? It's stamped with my brand new "One of a Kind" stamp set and punched out with my new Boho Blossom punch. I added a Celery brad in the center, attached it to my apricot narrow grosgrain ribbon using a mini glue dot, and VOILA.......another wickedly cute card is done!!!!!

So, ladies, what are you waiting for? Look through your stash of stamp sets (I KNOW you all have a bunch of them).......find a cute stamp......and get busy. Don't forget to leave me a comment with a link to your wickedly cute card of the day!!!!!

Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!!

No comments: