Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Elegant Orchids


Have I ever mentioned that purple is my favorite color? Well, it is!!! I'm not fanatical about it, but my eye does tend to gravitate towards purple.
When my Embrace Life stamp set arrived on my doorstep, I knew that I wanted make a purple card. The large orchid-ish (new word) flower is stamped with Black StazOn on watercolor paper. I used my watercolor crayons (Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Barely Banana and Elegant Eggplant) to apply lots of color and blend, blend, blend. I made sure to use some white gel pen to highlight the flower center and to dot the petails.
I dragged my perfect plum ink pad across the entire flower image (called Direct to Paper technique) in all different directions. The focal image is then mounted on a mat of Elegant Eggplant.
I used my Scor Pal to make a pattern on my Barely Banana layer. I used my Ticket Corner punch on all four corners and sponged with Elegant Eggplant ink. I matted this layer onto Perfect Plum and added 4 brushed pewter brads.
The Elegant Eggplant base card measures 4.25x4.25". I stamped the flower spray image all over the base card using Elegant Eggplant ink. Before attaching the flower image, I tied a length or ribbon of Eggplant grosgrain ribbon into a simple flat knot.
I think this card is simply GOJUS (as JanTink would say). The photo does not do it justice......it is just so rich and vibrant in real life.
Some new stamps are in the house..........I'm planning on making something really cute with them today. So check back in tomorrow.......til then.....
Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: