Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For All My Friends


Can you believe I made another card this week that doesn't use springy colors? Woo hoo!!! I switched to bright colors instead!!!!

This card uses a Level 3 hostess set called "Time Well Spent". I stamped the largest flower in Black Staz On ink onto watercolor paper. I used my aquapainter and reinkers to color in the flower (Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun). I used my white gel pen to color the dots in the flower, and then I carefully cut out the flower with my paper snips.

The stem was pulled from my scrap pile of Old Olive cardstock. I tied a length of 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain and trimmed the edges in a way to simulate leaves.

The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White cardstock and colored in once again with my aquapainter and reinkers. I dotted the edges with my Basic Black SU marker. I used my slot punch on the left and right sides for my black narrow grosgrain ribbon to slide through.

stamps: Time Well Spent, Tres Chic
paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, watercolor paper
ink: Black StazOn, Pumpkin Pie, reinkers
accessories: Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, black narrow grosgrain, slot punch, ticket corner punch, vintage brads, black SU marker, white gel pen

Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is a really pretty card! I love the color combination. Thanks for sharing! :)