Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Bird-day!


Everyone loves a card that comes together so simply yet still looks adorable.

I still find myself grabbing for my Pun Fun stamp set. Can you believe I still have a few images I haven't even stamped with yet?

Today's card is an adorable birthday card. It measures 4.25"x4.25". The base card is Barely Banana stamped with the Polka Dot BG stamp in Barely Banana ink.

The birdie is stamped on watercolor paper in Black StazOn. I used my aquapainter and reinkers to color him in. He is matted on a piece of Soft Sky cardstock.

For visual interest, I made a scalloped strip using my Slit Punch. I tied a length of white narrow grosgrain ribbon into a simple flat knot, and adhered some flat plastic dots I found at Michael's. Thanks to Lauren Meader who enabled me to pick these up yesterday......you get a ton of them for $3.99. Here's a link to Lauren's post.....maybe she will enable you too!!!! I picked them up in blue and clear, but they also come in pink/berry and a yellow-ish green too.

I am seriously considering putting my cards and projects up for sale on Etsy. What do you think?

Until tomorrow....happy stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

A really cute card! I wish I could get my scallops to look that good. I have a terrible time getting them even. Is there a secret I should know?