Friday, January 4, 2008

A New Way to "Wrap it Up"



Do any of you like to watch the Food Network or Top Chef? If yes, the phrase "it's all in the presentation" says it all. Even a simple gift of candy becomes FABULOUS when it is given in a homemade gift box.

First of all, I want to thank Lauren Meader for her design of this gift box. The directions can be found HERE. I also want to thank my in-laws for their Christmas gift which allowed me to purchase my Scor-Pal. Using the Scor-Pal made making this box easy-peasy.

My box starts with a 12x12 sheet of Pretty in Pink cardstock. After scoring and cutting as per Lauren's directions, I started stamping the large medallion from True Friend using Whisper White craft ink. I stamped "Celebrate" (using Pretty in Pink craft ink) and "You" (in Certainly Celery classic ink) from the Celebrate Everything stamp set. Before matting on a layer of Certainly Celery, I pierced both edges using my Crafter's Tool Kit and sponged with some Pretty in Pink ink.

I wanted to make a dangling embellishment on this box. So, I used my Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery markers to ink the flower portion only of the large flower from True Friend. I punched this out with my 1 3/8" circle punch. I edged this circle with my Pretty in Pink marker and added a celery rhinestone brad. I then punched a Scallop Circle in Certainly Celery, pierced each of the scallops and adhered the circle.

The project is finished off with some varying types of grosgrain ribbon: 5/8" celery, 1/4" celery and 1/4" white.

I am really liking playing with all these springy colors. I am SO seriously missing my pool right now......too bad it's covered under feet of cold MN snow!!!!!

I have a great project planned for today.........Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren (mytime) said...

This came out great!! So happy you enjoyed it!
Happy New year. Love those colors!